[LispM] Chaosnet bridge

Björn Victor bjorn at victor.se
Wed Aug 30 03:48:14 PDT 2017

Since playing with Daniel's Lambda emulator is so much fun, and I
already had an ITS system running, I felt an urge to connect them. I
wrote a bridge program for different Chaosnet link implementations:
Chaosnet-over-Ethernet (which LambdaDelta, and real hardware, use),
Chaosnet-over-UDP (which the klh10 PDP10 emulator running ITS uses), and
Chaosnet-over-Unix-sockets (which the CADR emulator usim uses).

It can be used to interconnect these types of chaosnets and act as a
bridge, sending routing packets and responding to the STATUS protocol.
It should be useful also to connect users of LambdaDelta to eachother,
or to users of usim - and of course ITS.

You can find it at https://github.com/bictorv/chaosnet-bridge - please
let me know if you use it (or find bugs in it!), and if you want to
connect to my Chaosnets!

-- Björn