[LispM] BSD style socket interface?

Steven Nunez steven.nunez at illation.com.hk
Mon Dec 25 22:53:16 PST 2017

Happy holidays everyone,

I just spent the last day or so reading through the networks manual. Very
interesting stuff, both from an historical perspective, and also from a
technology one. A real shame the Generic Network System never made it into
the Common Lisp specification.

What I'm trying to do is get PostModern
<https://github.com/marijnh/Postmodern>  working on Genera, and for this
usocket <https://github.com/usocket/usocket>  is required, at least if I am
to avoid major modifications to the PostModern code. I thought adding Genera
support to usocket might be a good holiday task that could be finished in a
week or two, but alas that does not seem to be the case. I could not find
anything in the documentation nor API that resembled a socket-style
interface.

Has anyone here seen anything for Genera that might help? Any ideas on how
to create such a thing (assuming there is nothing out there)?

Regards,

    SteveN