[LispM] BSD style socket interface?

Christopher Stacy cstacy at csail.mit.edu
Tue Dec 26 23:41:09 PST 2017

On 12/27/2017 02:15 AM, Faré wrote:
> ASDF stopped working on Genera sometime between 3.1.6 or .7 and 3.3.0.
> I have no idea why and no desire to fix. The bug vaguely looks
> CLOS-related. Patches welcome.

This sounds eerily familiar, like it was discussed and resolved on this
mailing list sometime in the last 10 months.

Ah, yes...
What happened after the following?
Did it make ASDF stop working?
Or, how is the OP compiling Postmodern (enough to get stuck on usockets)?

On 09/01/2017 03:50 PM, Christopher Stacy wrote:

 > The problem is that ASDF is trying to manually override the signature
with this method. I have not studied the code so I have no idea (a) why
nor (b) if that's legal.  But it is incompatible with what Genera does.
In the latest version of ASDF, the code that is giving you problems has
already been removed by a #-Genera conditional with a comment that
describes what you are seeing.