[LispM] Genera Documentation in Other Formats?

Peter craven at gmx.net
Thu Jun 22 03:40:09 PDT 2017

>> Scheme may be the way to go. I was kind of hoping to do this conversion on
>> Genera itself and not have to learn a new language.
>
> One issue I noticed in the Scheme sab-reader code that would prevent
> it from being directly usable elsewhere was that it embeds file paths
> and directly invokes subprocesses at various points.

I'll try to clean it up, it also needs a couple (very small) libraries I
haven't put up anywhere, and it only runs on MIT/GNU Scheme.

I mostly just took the Genera Lisp Code from a few files and
straightforwardly translated it to Scheme (as that's what I normally
use). It would very much be possible to just do the same thing for CL,
if anyone has a day or two.

You might also be able to write a HTML "backend" on Genera, you'd have
all the reading code there anyway.

Greetings, Peter