[LispM] Introduction

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav at lunar-tokyo.net
Thu Jul 12 07:15:02 PDT 2018

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:52 PM, Earl DuCaine <earl.ducaine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My apologies to the authors of ld: my hacking has been a dumping
> ground for various ideas with no thought of being able to reintegrate
> them back into the main branch.  Very rude of me.

No apology needed, as long as you don’t get upset when the next few changes really screw up your branch. (I’m redoing all of the logging so that it can be configured by source and level, the changes are going to be quite invasive)

> - SDL2 ignores your local xkb (X11 keyboard mapping.  Very
>   inconvenient if you've using a Dvorak keyboard.  SDL1 works just
>   fine however.

I’ve never met or used a Dvorak keyboard. Is it actually a different keyboard with different firmware or did you just rearrange the caps and mapping?
Does SDL think “A” is some other key or does it just not know what you pressed?

> - TUN/TAP was difficult for me to set up. (my own ignorance) Still
>   haven't figured out a way to run it conveniently without resorting
>   to runing the emulator under root permissions.

When creating the interface:
sudo ip tuntap add dev (name) mode tap user (user-name)

The given user then has access to the device without having to be root.

> - the PDP10/ITS project is highly active and has a very sophisticated
>   setup script using 'expects' would be an interesting exercise to ld
>   on a network with ITS, also to use some their build machinery to get
>   new users up and running.

Not sure how you’d do this unless expect can OCR the framebuffer.