[LispM] Further Developments

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Tue Sep 18 03:33:46 PDT 2018

On 9/17/18 1:29 PM, Daniel Seagraves wrote:
> I spun up a blog for posting the ongoing status of things; It’s at
> https://www.orinrin.land/lispm/

Let me know if you want any kibitzing on  bringing up the CADR.  I don't
know anything about the Lambda's, but I've booted CADR hardware many
many times (not in it's original form, but I still think I can offer
some guidance).

What cards do you have in the xbus chassis?  Do you have a disk
controller card?  an i/o card?  memory?

The PROM will be looking for the disk controller.   I made an FPGA
version of that controller.   I would think with a beagleboneblack you
could quickly make something which looked enough like the actual disk to
make the controller happy.  And I have bits which you can feed it to
boot. (I'd look at the st-506 emulator which uses the BBB)

It's the monitor which might be interesting.  The keyboard and mouse are
pretty straight forward but as I recall the monitor sync is odd.  I'm
not sure you can find a monitor which would sync up but you could
certainly (again) make an scan converter with an FPGA. I've done that
for various video game hardware which I've stuffed into fpga's.

have fun.  in theory wire wrap is gas tight.  the one cadr i saw in the
wild was pretty corroded.

-brad