[LispM] cold load generator and micro assembler for common lisp

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Wed Apr 24 11:09:04 PDT 2019

Thought you might find this interesting, this is the cold load
generator and micro code assembler ported to Common Lisp (SBCL) -- it
works well for assembling load bands for System 78 but I've run into
road blocks with System 99.  And the micro assembler works for both
System 99 and System 78 microcode.

   http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/sys99-2019-04-24.tar.gz

You'll need to provide a compiled version of the system, and frob
cold78.asd (or cold.asd for System 99) for SYS translations to make
this work.

I'm stuck with System 99 and not getting further though.  The
microcode loads work well, but as soon as I try to access a list in
memory during LISP-REINITIALIZE (i.e. doing LENGTH on
SYS:A-MEMORY-LOCATION-NAMES) then I go into a ILLOP.  The constants
should be right in QCOM as well as the resulting cold load (and micro
load), though tweaking them I can get further.  E.g., +/- 1 on
A-MEMORY-VIRTUAL-ADDRESS, IO-SPACE-VIRTUAL-ADDRESS, and
UNIBUS-VIRTUAL-ADDRESS, and I can get usim to SIGSEGV when
LISP-REINITIALIZE via %BLT tries to clear the screen.

But ... yeah I'm giving up for a bit.  If anyone has any good ideas
I'm all ears...

/Alfred