different alternatives for lispOS

Christopher J. Vogt vogt@novia.net
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:10:44 -0500

At 10:52 AM -0500 4/25/97, David Gadbois wrote:
[...]

>I want a system where you spend 5% of the time fighting the system and
>95% doing useful work instead of the other way around.

Amen!  If I had to sum up in one sentence why Genera is still the best
software development environment I have ever used, it is that I spent 95%
of my time solvening my problem and not fighting the tools.  It's 10-15
year old technology, and yet, IMHO it is still leading edge.

What I want is Genera that runs on mac or pc hardware, commodity stuff.  I
remember people compaining about the mememory requirements of Genera (10MB
RAM, 140MB disk space)  how quaint that seems now.

[...]

Christopher (Chris) J. Vogt
mailto:vogt@novia.net
Omaha, NE