two co-existing projects

Christopher J. Vogt vogt@novia.net
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:45:22 -0500

At 3:16 PM -0500 4/28/97, Mike McDonald wrote:
[...]
>  Well, I guess I'm in the third camp that wants a native PC based
>system that's tailored to run LISP, not Smalltalk, not ML, not JAVA.
>If someone wants to write emulators for those things in Lisp, fine. I
>believe that yet another universal VM is neither a relevant nor useful
>goal.

Let's go camping!  I'm in the 3rd camp too.  I want a LispM that runs on
x86 boxes.  Now, maybe the way you get there is to first write on top of
Linux, or NT or whatever, as a frist step.  I'm not asserting an opinion of
*how* to get what I want, just *what* I want.  The design needs to be
careful at seperating hardware dependent cruft, so that it could be ported
to other hardware as easily as possible.

Christopher (Chris) J. Vogt
mailto:vogt@novia.net
Omaha, NE
http://www.novia.net/~vogt/