Embedding VMs

Marcus G. Daniels marcus@cathcart.sysc.pdx.edu
28 Apr 1997 16:43:47 -0700

KM> The reason I believe my idea of a LispOS can work is that we don't
KM> have to "deploy" the application, it is already deployed once it
KM> is working, because it only depends on the customer having a
KM> web-browser.

Given that 1) the software is free, 2) there are so many people
comfortable with using a Web browser and 3) given the supporting
technologies which now exists (e.g. Java and intelligent Web servers),
I think the difficulty of deploying a new network application no big
deal.

I know a number of people who are not so comfortable with computers
who installed programs like Acrobat and RealAudio on their Windows 95
machines without so much as a moment of pause.