Smooth as SILK anyone?

Kelly Murray kem@Franz.COM
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 23:23:01 -0700

I think it would be best if we have a new name for this
system/language, instead of calling it just "lisp" and "lispos".

In line with its Web-centric nature,
I propose we call this new lisp dialect "SILK".
I believe spiders don't actually spin silk, but its commonly associated,
and I like the notion that the web of a spider is held together by
its silk.

I also really like the "smooth as silk" catchline, as in smoothly integrated.
And can just imagine the marketing potential for satin silk sheets and ...
for the project graphics..
Who wants hot coffee when they can have silk sheets instead?  ;)
Hey, we can take on Madison Ave too.

So I guess SilkOS would be appropriate for the OS itself,
SilkMachine also works for me.

I also introduce SilkScript.  We don't want to buck any industry
trends, so we can have Silk as the system language, and SilkScript as
our scripting language.  No matter they are the exact same language.

-Kelly Edward Murray