Unidentified subject!

Andreas Eder are@laphroig.mch.sni.de
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:12:23 +0200

Mike McDonald:
> Would you support X for
>displaying remote apps? Or JAVA? Or HTML? How about all of those
>Windoze apps?
I would say: X       - certainly
	     HTML    - sure
	     JAVA    - maybe
	     Windoze - certainly not

I do think that we should support various standards, such as X for
example. The X protocol could certainly be implemented in Lisp in a
much nicer way than is currently done in the C implementations, After
all, it is just a protocol, so why not implemeent it in Lisp? And it
opens up the world to applications on other machines.
Another thing is that we certainly need TCP/IP. Why not implement
that in Lisp, too; I heard of several implementations in SML that were
faster than current C implementations! As I know of first hand
experience, current C implementations on Unix are a mess!

--
Andreas Eder			NetWorker (ReliantUnix)
SNI AG				Phone:    +49-89-636-42549

EMail:			mailto:Andreas.Eder@mch.sni
for public access:      http://www.sni.de/public/mr/nsr/nsr_en.htm
for SNI personnel only: http://athen.mch.sni.de/networker/welcome.htm

---
Is "Windows for Dummies" another case of "this sentence no verb?"