A successful lisp machine?

Reginald S. Perry perry@zso.dec.com
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 16:33:52 -0700

>"Kelly" == Kelly Murray <kem@Franz.COM> writes:

> Just for the record, Microsoft's approach was not my inspiration for
> the idea, but I would like to think it is validation of it.

I just want to get this straight. You feel that the desktop is the web
browser. You do not feel that the web is an extension of the
desktop. For example I click on a URL object on the desktop and it
does not matter if that URL is a local file on my machine or a pointer
to a file in europe somehere I should be able to click on a URL object
and see the resource because the R means Resource so this could be
anything. I can then group these objects using whatever grouping
method I choose. This is not your view correct?

> As I've said, if we can do this better than anyone else, we can win!

This I can agree with.

-Reggie