The feel of a LispM/List of running machines

Martin Cracauer cracauer@cons.org
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:16:30 +0200 (MEST)

It seems we have a lot of old LispM users over here.

I think it would be a good thing if you could write a short
description of the LispM features you liked, what features turned out
to be useful in practice and what could be left out. Don't think that
is obvious, I bet even the former longtime LispM users have different
opinions here. Not to speak of the Interlisp folks.

We need to focus this project some more. The whole discussion about
Unix-kernel based or pure LispOS shows that it is not clear what
features of LispM we really want. Please write what you find important
so that we can check our concepts against it. Personally, I own two
old symbilcs, but I never used them under pressure, so I have no idea
what to keep and what not. I'll write my impressions after I played
with them for some hours again.

Also, it is probably a good thing if everyone here gets the change to
play with such a machine.

Maybe we should arrage a list of machines that can be seem and used?

To start, I'm in Hamburg/Germany and would welcome visitors to show
them how dark the lights get when I turn on my 3600 :-)

I also have manual sets I could lean to people and maybe organize sets
to give away. Maybe someone could get through the hell of scanning
these in. I already found them to be very OCR-friendly :-)

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> http://www.cons.org/cracauer