a little life

Harvey J. Stein abel@netvision.net.il
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 01:25:22 +0300

Harvey J. Stein writes:
 > ET writes:
 >  > 2.  Does anyone have Lisp code that can parse a C (and/or) C++ header
 >  > file?  I know the CIGLOO, part of the bigloo project, can do some, but
 >  > are there any others?

As well as bigloo, scheme-to-C & ffigen, there's also SWIG
(http://www.cs.utah.edu/~beazley/SWIG/swig.html), which reads C & C++
code to generate wrapper functions which can be loaded into various
interpreters.  Thus it also presumably parses C (& C++ for that
matter).  It doesn't seem to be written in Lisp, but it generates
interface fcns for Guile (as well as Tcl, Perl & Python), which might
make it interesting for this group.

There are other things around too - I vaguely recall that guile itself
had some sort of interface generator at one time.

I would definitely do a serious web search if I were you...

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research