Position & proposal

Chris Bitmead uid chris.bitmead@Alcatel.com.au
Thu, 05 Jun 1997 12:04:03 +1000

>Exactly. Someday, everyone will. We aren't doing JPark on PC's yet, but big
>chunks of Babalon 5 are...

Actually, I don't believe everyone will. Perhaps in 10 years the
Pentium VI will perform like a Cray YMP, but not everyone will want
one. Plenty of people will be happy with something equivilent in
concept to a JavaStation, only it will probably be as big as a wallet
and use a ISP server as mass storage.

And probably a typical family that DOES want a Pentium VI will also
each have pocket Java thingys or something like it and will use their
home computer as a multi-user server for mass-storage.

IS THIS THE HOT APP THAT COULD MAKE LISPOS FAMOUS?

BTW, Can people try to avoid sending mail to BOTH the list AND CCing
it to the writer. It means that you get 2 copies.