Web-Lisp? Oh no!

Marcus G. Daniels marcus@cathcart.sysc.pdx.edu
30 Apr 1997 21:46:24 -0700

[In the interest of accumulating some links that someone, perhaps me,
will have time to organize for a web page.]

FR> See also the Scheme/Postscript project, where they take all the
FR> postscript primitives, and replace the braindead Postscript core
FR> language by Scheme.

I guess you mean Wandy Sae-Tan's and Olin Shivers' Functional PostScript?

  http://www.mit.edu/people/wandy/fps/fps.html

Also, here's a port by Marius Vollmer that works with Guile-1.0 (otherwise,
it's Scheme 48).

  http://www-nt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/m_mvo/guile-fps-961222.tar.gz

HB> I have a Lisp->Postscript _compiler_ that I should dust off and
HB> post.  If you have Postscript Level II, then you have GC, and you
HB> can then have an interesting environment.  As usual, the compiler
HB> isn't very big.

HB> I never went to the trouble to get it to compile itself on my
HB> printer, but there's no particular reason why it couldn't.

We want Lisp everywhere, right?