Web-Lisp? Oh no!

Henry G. Baker hbaker@netcom.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:22:51 -3100 (PDT)

> I've often thought that a lisp layer on top of TeX would be a good
> thing. If we put a lisp interface on TeX or TeXinfo and made it a
> plug-in to the browser it might be a great documentation system.

Moon hacked up a simple Lisp-based TeX-equivalent around 1979-80 time
frame.  I think that some of the earliest SMBX docs were written in
it.  It ran in Maclisp on the SMBX Foonly (pdp10 emulator).  It was
slow as sh*t, because it ran completely interpreted (I think), and it
was running on a really slow machine.  I don't know what happened to
that program, or even what it was called.

--
Henry Baker
www/ftp directory URL: