The feel of a LispM/List of running machines

Alaric B. Williams alaric@abwillms.demon.co.uk
Thu, 1 May 1997 20:24:48 +0000

On 30 Apr 97 at 11:16, lispos@math.gatech.edu wrote:

> Also, it is probably a good thing if everyone here gets the change to
> play with such a machine.

Oh WOW! I couldn't agree more!

> I also have manual sets I could lean to people and maybe organize sets
> to give away. Maybe someone could get through the hell of scanning
> these in. I already found them to be very OCR-friendly :-)

I'd be most interested to know how the LispM dealt with:

 - Storage. Files? Persistent objects? A directory structure?
 - Devices. Are there printer objects in a "printers" directory?
   Or are printers not "reified", meaning there's something like
   a (send-to-printer <printer-number> <string>), ie a programmer-level
   only thing like DOS and Windows do it?

> Martin

ABW
--