Flux toolkit as LispOS base

Arthur A. Gleckler arthur@martigny.ai.mit.edu
Fri, 2 May 1997 14:59:30 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

|I spent some of last night reading several of the URLs that have
|been sent to this list.  The Flux project seems especially
|relevant to what we are doing here, and I think we may want to
|reconsider using it as a possible base.

I'm going to do some in-depth reading on Flux as soon as I can, but after
reading their recent paper, I'm convinced that Flux is the right place to
start for LispOS.  It will get us a big head start without forcing us to carry
a lot of Unix baggage that is likely to force us to twist the design of the
system for the sake of compatibility.