Reimplement TeX in Lisp? I think not...

cwg@DeepEddy.Com cwg@DeepEddy.Com
Sat, 03 May 1997 16:10:00 -0500

--==_Exmh_770212916P

> I think that there is something very wrong with an operating system
> requires new applications to be "compiled" to the language that the
> operating system is written in just to run.

Absolutely.  However, I feel that if someone wants to spend their time
reimplmenting TeX, the only real harm is that their time might be useful
working on something that matters to me.  Of course, if they're very
interested in a Lisp version of TeX and are unwilling to work on anything
else, I wish them luck and hope it works.

Someone else may feel the same way about my interest in writing a Lisp based
mail reader since they want something that has Unix underneath and therefore
are willing to use one of the Unix mail programs.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                    O-              cwg@DeepEddy.Com
  Deep Eddy Internet Consulting                     +1 512 432 4046

--==_Exmh_770212916P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQB1AwUBM2upopaQnaaFII2dAQEtEgL+ImpEpm7RgAdpHgsriUkNPL4wceDqdOxJ
jAhnPNT2kJnkxFtHA1DSIXMm7EAdHrW1sS4y7KrwpNsN0yyfMq2lpDk14Ki4Nd7Q
cAto05rTU5B8cOghuyYMWNbQHhSYqyQ4
=NU8Y
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_770212916P--