Distributed equivalent to :Load Patches

cwg@DeepEddy.Com cwg@DeepEddy.Com
Tue, 06 May 1997 15:45:26 -0500

--==_Exmh_1473131548P

> >You seemed to be implying that a Lisp network-capable revision control
> >program was needed in order to facilitate work.
>
>   Not me! That was cwg who wanted that. I'm just as happy loading new
> versions as loading patches.

I don't think I said it was "needed".  What I said was that it sure would be
nice if...and it would be a much better tool for developing the software.  I
also subscripted my original message with "just dreaming".

I'm just happy that Luca Pisati sounds like he might port his existing system
to the LispOS.  Maybe it'll happen sooner rather than later.

> >But given a persistent distributed object system the revision control
> >problem would be pretty much solved.
>
>   See, everything comes back to Kelly and CWG getting the POS done. :-)

Hey!  All I've asked for is to kludge together enough of an interface that I
can easily isolate my code from the Unix filesystem.  I ain't writing it.
Of course, if Kelly can get it in a workable state in the next week, I'm
willing to wait before I try to write any code.  :-)

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                    O-              cwg@DeepEddy.Com
  Deep Eddy Internet Consulting                     +1 512 432 4046

--==_Exmh_1473131548P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQB1AwUBM2+YX5aQnaaFII2dAQEYJgL9HWteBsJAfH8NZjnNkjq8SOkXX4TEuC7l
ncUe+Qo+8gyE2AH5Kr1Eyx9Fcce4zwpfmsHud6/tCcvnHud/oaqLuSJRSME2PCTq
sUUj6SnIvYu9xFShAuAGMnn+LuClrsbr
=rC53
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1473131548P--