Samsung announces 0.35 micron ASIC family featuring 24Mb of embedded DRAM in a unified process

Reginald S. Perry perry@zso.dec.com
Tue, 06 May 1997 15:13:31 -0700

>"David" == David Gadbois <gadbois@cyc.com> writes:

> Hey, I'll write device drivers, but this is closer to the metal than
> I am willing to get.  OTOH, if we could get the Ivory design
> database, shrink it, tweak it for this process, and slap it on one
> of these ASICs, it would make for a rocking Lisp PDA.  500 MHz?  Who
> cares about the CPI.  Or just use the existing Alpha AXP core and
> run Open Genera if only !@#$ Digital UNIX didn't require 32MB.

Heres a question for you. Did the SMBX people consider writing their
own PAL code for the Alpha and implement the rest of the OS on top of
that?

-Reggie

Reginald S. Perry                      e-mail: perry@zso.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation
Performance Manager Group
http://www.UNIX.digital.com/unix/sysman/perf_mgr/pmweb/index.html

My opinions are barely my own. Clearly Digital wants nothing to do with them