mapping files to objects
Tue, 06 May 1997 19:45:27 -0700
> It's the chicken and the egg problem. A mail reader is of no use
> without an SMTP agent. A SMTP agent isn't of any use without a mail
> reader. So, inorder to break the deadlock, you start by using an
> existing SMTP agent (aka sendmail), and write the reader. Then someone
> writes the agent.
Writing the SMTP agent is a much easier task,
so it's a better place to start.
1. Write a SMTP agent
2. Write a simple, poorly designed user mail interface
3. Start using the bad user interface yourself
4. The interface will get dramatically improved very quickly
right after step #3
5. let others try and use it
6. The interface will get dramatically improved very quickly
right after step #6.
7. Rewrite the entire user interface, goto a new and improved step 3
This is the way to write good software.
You don't need a degree in Software Engineering to do it,
the important thing is to "just do it" !