Our Manifesto (Please Read)

Chris Hanson chanson@mcs.com
Wed, 7 May 1997 01:47:36 -0500

At 8:19 PM -0500 5/6/97, cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu wrote:
>Furthermore
>        this operating system will be capable of running binaries
>        of other popular platforms such as WindowsNT/95

I think emulation should not be mentioned in the "goals" section -- is our
goal to build something that emulates (whatever other OS we want), or is
our goal to build a Lisp Operating System?

Wherever emulation is mentioned, I believe it should be mentioned as a
possibility and not as a definite outcome, and that Windows should not be
mentioned as an emulation target.  (If anything, I think the statement
should be very general:  "This operating system may also be capable of
running binaries for other popular platforms, if appropriate emulation
technology is developed.")