DWIM

William A. Barnett-Lewis wlewis@mailbag.com
Wed, 07 May 1997 06:55:26 -0500

Hello Fare,

Take a quick look at Interlisp... DWIM is built into every executive
(aka Listener). This is not a new idea ;'>

Anybody here know if Venue is still alive? Maybe we should try to talk
_them_ out of thier sources.

William

At 12:06 PM 5/7/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear LispOS hackers, [Blind Copy to tunes@ens.fr]
>
>   there's been some non-negligible talk about *heuristics*,
>on the LispOs mailing-list, and how to synthetize information
>that the system can only guess.
>
>My belief is that the use of heuristics ("DWIM", Do What I Mean),
>is a Good Thing(tm), ___PROVIDED___ we have
(Snip)
>Regards,
>
>== Fare' -- rideau@ens.fr -- Franc,ois-Rene' Rideau -- DDa(.ng-Vu~ Ba^n ==
>Join the TUNES project for a computing system based on computing freedom !
>                TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System

William A. Barnett-Lewis
wlewis@mailbag.com
"We are artists.  Poets paint motion  and light.  Historians paint stills.
It can be dangerous to get history from a poet.  It can also be the greatest
blessing."
						Larry Miller Murdock