Mail Systems (was Re: mapping files to objects)

Kelly Murray kem@Franz.COM
Wed, 07 May 1997 12:25:41 -0700

> Yes, but you probably will want to read all your old, existing mail
> into the new LISP mail format so you can do cool things with it.

Sure, but I'll mention another way that doesn't require reading files ---
write a program on the old UNIX/MS/Mac system that forwards
all the old mail to the new system, using SMTP.
If the existing mailer is braindead and you can't write such a "script",
then you'd have to do it manually (you pay the price for such using the
braindead mailer!)
This way this crufty mail script stays over there on the same system
that has all the crufty mail.

-kelly