Testing the waters.

Christopher J. Vogt vogt@novia.net
Wed, 7 May 1997 18:37:14 -0500

At 2:16 PM -0500 5/7/97, ET wrote:
>Suppose my company were interested in developing LispOS in
>this manner:
>   Native i386 code,
>   no underlying unix (lisp down to the metal),
>   start with Scheme as basis language,

IMHO Scheme won't cut it, it must be Common Lisp, otherwise why bother?
I'm no Scheme wiz, but I don't think Scheme has macros (a critcial portion
of CL IMMHO) and it doesn't have anything functionally equivalent to CLOS
(also a critical part of CL).

>   design with support for persistent object system,
>   implementation tools running on '95/NT,

I'm not sure what this means, but I think I support it :-)

>   free software.
>
>How many people would be interested in actually investing
>time and energy on this?  If there is a critical mass, I'll
>start the project.

Christopher (Chris) J. Vogt
mailto:vogt@novia.net
Omaha, NE