Real-Time Forum for Discussion

cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu
Wed, 7 May 1997 18:58:32 -0500 (CDT)

Hello everybody,

How does the idea of having this discussion in a live forum for
one day a week sound?  Irc is a network which exists for such
discussions and is completely free, one only needs to acquire an
Irc client which is similarly free.

If we could coordinate a specific time to discuss issues, we could
get even further in resolving various conflicts and move things
along even further.  We could discuss issues and get feedback
in REAL time.

Anyone can start his/her own channel (area for discussion).

I suggest a channel called LispOS.

The time and place depends upon your schedules.  Generally
speaking I'm available night times (with the exception
of Wednesdays and Thursdays), but I'll try to give a more
specific time, perhaps using GMT to allow for time differences.

I've been using Irc for quite a while now so I can try to help
anyone who has questions regarding this medium.

All comments are welcome.

--
Cya,
Ahmed