Testing the waters.

Lars Thomas Hansen lth@ccs.neu.edu
Thu, 08 May 97 08:33:26 -0400

From: Drew R Whitehouse <Drew.Whitehouse@anu.edu.au>

>	Are there any decent native i386 scheme compilers at the
>moment ?

MIT Scheme comes to mind.  The latest version runs on both Win32 and
Linux, so one would imagine they've spent some time on making it
portable.  The one worry I have about MIT Scheme is its non-generational
GC, both because it doesn't have one (you definitely want generational
gc), but also because one wonders about _why_ it doesn't have one -- was
it because no-one bothered to sit down and do it, or because it would be
hard to fit into the existing code base?  I really don't know.

--lars