A name for this OS

Kelly Murray kem@Franz.COM
Thu, 08 May 1997 10:10:43 -0700

I guess SilkOS has been rejected?  I think the simple fact that it
is something unknown will attract more interest than "LispOS",
which many people will immediately reject as uninteresting or having
already failed without looking further.  But if people don't agree this
is a problem or issue, then "LispOS" is the best name in my opinion.

On a related note, I believe RMS has very much impedded our potential
progress by the restrictions he has helped encumber upon
an enourmous body of software in the world.
I've always wanted to start a "Knu" project -- which is what Gnu should
have been -- writing truly free software that can be used to serve
the interests of everyone, both public and private, hacker and corporation.

-Kelly Edward Murray