pathnames [Re: files, printers, etc. [Re: The feel of a Lisp

Alaric B. Williams alaric@abwillms.demon.co.uk
Sat, 10 May 1997 10:49:40 +0000

> > Those are source code. My syntax is designed as what the user types
>
> If your "user" is just anybody who has to use a
> computer then you can forget about this altogether as he/she will not
> go near anything without a fancy (G)UI that hides as much as possible
> of this "low-level" stuff.

The funny syntax itself is really just a user interface - a command line
sort. "/dev/console" doesn't look like the C source code to traverse
the UNIX filer tree at the inode level - it's a more compact form.

ABW
--
Alaric B. Williams (alaric@abwillms.demon.co.uk)

   ---<## OpenDOS FAQ ##>---