Model

Jordan Henderson jordan@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Sun, 11 May 1997 15:07:14 -0500 (CDT)

"Alaric B. Williams" <alaric@abwillms.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Not quite. The applications don't run in seperate address spaces.
> Just seperate namespaces. So on local machines, everything can be shared
> and fast and all that. Philosophically, it's like a mutable module,
> I guess?

This seems like a good idea to me.  We should look carefully at what the
SPIN project (I don't have the reference handy, it was posted here awhile
back) are doing along the lines of allowing user written code to run in
the address space of the kernel. It's not the same as having different
applications run in the same address space, but it's related.  It may
be necessary to provide some extensive type checking to protect the
kernel functions from user requests.

-Jordan Henderson
jordan@neosoft.com