ACL on Linux (Re: Testing the waters. )

Vassili Bykov vbykov@cam.org
Mon, 12 May 1997 15:42:29 -0400

> From: Kelly Murray <kem@Franz.COM>
> To: Pierpaolo Bernardi <bernardp@CLI.DI.Unipi.IT>
> Cc: lispos@math.gatech.edu
> Subject: ACL on Linux (Re: Testing the waters. )
> Date: Monday, May 12, 1997 3:23 PM
>
> > BTW, can you update us on the ACL/Linux license status?  The present
> > license for ACL/Linux expires on 30 Dec 1997.  Has Franz decided what
> > will happen after that?
>
> What does this mean?  I've not heard of this before.
> You mean the system will cease to boot on Jan 1, 1998?

Here is what the license says:

9.  TERMINATION.  The license granted hereunder is effective until
terminated or until Jan. 1, 1998, whichever comes first.  You may terminate
it at any time by destroying the Software.  This license will terminate
automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described above.
On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software.  The
termination of your license will not result in the termination of the
licenses of any distributees who have received rights to the Software
through you so long as they are in compliance with the provisions of this
Agreement.