Getting this project going.

Chris Bitmead uid(x22068) Chris.Bitmead@Alcatel.com.au
Tue, 13 May 1997 11:31:49 +1000

I think in order to start making meaningful progress we need to take
stock of what resources we've got.

It's no use if 15 people are arguing in favour of approach "A" to
implementing feature "X" in LispOS, and 5 people are in favour of
approach "B" to implementing feature "X", if the 15 "A" people either
have no intention of writing any code, or they are more interested in
implementing feature "Y", and will never work on "X" anyway.

It may be that the 15 "A" people are right, but if they can't convince
the "B" people within a certain period of time, then the "B"s will win
anyway since no "A" person will bother to implement their vision.

I therefore propose that we need to make a list of all the people
interested in LispOS and what they are prepared to work on, what they
most want to work on, and how committed they are to doing work. Only
then can we work out what is in reality going to end up being
built. That way other people can start to plan a bit around this.

I nomitate Ahmed to collect this information (If he wants to). I
suggest we summarise what we intend to do on this project and we
collate this information.