News group Proposal [Re: TOO MUCH VOLUME -- a proposal]

Luca Pisati pisati@nichimen.com
Mon, 12 May 1997 19:03:22 -0700

Dwight Hughes wrote:

> I certainly don't want to shift things to a news group -- my news
> server sucks -- half the time I can't get on, the rest of the time
> news messages will only stay available for two or three days at
> most. Besides, shifting the volume does no good, the volume still
> exists.

Well, the point is:

1. Can we split mail topics ?
2. Can we distinguish between transient mail (no archival needed)
   and permanent mail (archival required) ?

--
Luca Pisati		       Voice:	 (310) 577-0518
Nichimen Graphics	       Fax:	 (310) 577-0577