POS

BRIAN SPILSBURY zhivago@iglou.com
Tue, 13 May 1997 07:04:54 -0400 (EDT)

>   What's the point of going thru all of the trouble to make threads
> persistent if the first thing they do after restarting is croak?
> (Croak == Die/"Segment Fault" for you non US english speakers) Seems
> like a lot of work just so that when I boot my machine I can get a
> console full of error messages.

Well, firstly if you write socket code the way its supposed to be
written it will attempt to recover, or gracefully abort. Sockets
aren't reliable.

Secondly, most of your threads probably won't be using external
resources, and shouldn't be affected.

Thirdly, its simpler, compare GC vs malloc/free.

Brian