Packages (Was: Scheme vs. CommonLisp vs. the World)

Luca Pisati pisati@nichimen.com
Wed, 14 May 1997 10:24:14 -0700

Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:

>    From: "ET" <emergent@eval-apply.com>
>    Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 13:08:26 -0400

>    Also, can we shitcan the CL package system?
>
> Nope.  At least until someone doesn't design something better.
>
> I want eventually to try and implement a simple compatible extension
> which provides gerarchically structured packages.

You would check the define-syntax mechanism on Genera.

It provides the opportunity to have separate package groups
per syntax (or packages in common to more than one syntax
but showing different names in different syntaxes).

I'm always tempted to have something like this, again,
since it would ensure that all the packages of my applications
would never collide with other applications.

--
Luca Pisati		       Voice:	 (310) 577-0518
Nichimen Graphics	       Fax:	 (310) 577-0577