coding + doc standards

cwg@DeepEddy.Com cwg@DeepEddy.Com
Wed, 14 May 1997 15:32:28 -0500

--==_Exmh_-1435601576P

> I believe somebody mentioned a while ago something about naming conventions
> and such. Shouldn't the project adopt some sort of coding, naming and
> documentation standard so if anybody wants to go about already writing
> higher level applications they can do so. It would also be necessary in
> order for the lispOS to be a sustainable effort instead of a collection of
> modules written in wildly different styles difficult to make sense of.

The answer is, of course, "absolutely".

On the documentation side of things, it would be nice if someone were to
dedicate themselves to writing an on-line documentation system using CLIM.
Such a system would probably have much of it's data defined in source code so
that the on-line documentation would be located *with* the code that it
documents in order to increase the likelyhood that the documentation gets
updated when the code gets updated.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                    O-              cwg@DeepEddy.Com
  Deep Eddy Internet Consulting                     +1 512 432 4046

--==_Exmh_-1435601576P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQB1AwUBM3ohVpaQnaaFII2dAQGzNAL/WY5lgimd/y9wAwnhUiFTTkUFUCboPATK
5QRZQ1XE1P2o9XkT+R6xnN4NRV2oQ6UJywUIGOnbbBRqZkrw3okxu6nAigDHCtIQ
umLakiUDKF09UUL6UPPMRgxzJEhnVAIA
=BCrr
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1435601576P--