Resources/References for LispOS/LispVM

Greg Gritton x2386 gregory@eng.adaptec.com
Mon, 19 May 97 21:59:14 PDT

Dwight Hughes,

    Thank you for your list of Web resources relevant to the LispOS
and LispVM.  Since many are discussing creating a Universal VM
to execute Java and Smalltalk as well as Lisp, I thought I would
add an interesting Smalltalk resource.

Another relevant resource:
   Squeak - a free VM for Smalltalk, including full source in Smalltalk
            a well as a reduced Smalltalk to C cross-compiler
     <http://www.research.apple.com/research/proj/learning_concepts/squeak>
     <ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak>  for Unix/Windows versions.

There are numerous Web resources relating to Java.
An interesting one is:

    <www.kaffe.org>
       A Java VM with full source-code.
       This includes both an interpreter and JIT compiler for various systems.

Greg Gritton
greg@gritton.org

...Microfala ganara...