logical vs physical spaces (was Re: Versioning and persistence)

Pierpaolo Bernardi bernardp@cli.di.unipi.it
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:13:36 +0200 (MET DST)

> > Most people on this mailing list want to have a single address space
> > for all users.
> >
> I think that specifying such an idea would be basically *wrong*.

I thing this view is basically wrong.  For reason which have been
amply discussed in this list.

> There should be one *logical object space*,
> whose implementation is not specified.

Care to elaborate?

The text that I have cut doesn't seem to offer a rationale for this
position.

And, to clear any possible ambiguities, can you exactly define what do
_you_ mean by 'address space' ?

Pierpaolo.