Why [not] X?

Patrick Logan patrickl@servio.gemstone.com
Thu, 22 May 97 12:56 PDT

    Mike>   < A bunch of comments about why NeWS suck deleted. :-) >

    Mike>   Which the industry rejected years ago. (NeWS that is.) It
    Mike> hasn't gone unnoticed that Java is just NeWS warmed over.

I am certainly not going to defend NeWS. But I could argue vigorously
that the reason for X's victory over NeWS was anything but technical
or functional.

I'll leave it at this: if you want to kick ass with a Lisp graphics
system, don't stub your toe on X. Aim a little higher.

--
Patrick Logan                 mailto:patrickl@gemstone.com
Voice 503-533-3365            Fax   503-629-8556