Getting LispOS going

Chris Bitmead uid chris.bitmead@Alcatel.com.au
Fri, 23 May 1997 14:17:06 +1000

>  What are YOU doing? (not just Jordon!)

I think we've got a fundamental problem here, which is that we have no
means of making a decision. Linux has a benevolent dictatorship, and
we have anarchy.

We need to decide on a way to govern this project. Citizens referenda
is one way, (which we used to choose the name "LispOS"). The only
trouble with this is that it's not self-evident that everyone on this
list was created equal. What I mean is that, not everyone on this list
is actually going to do anything, except cast in their vote for
something they know little about.

So proposals for a constitution are open.

Here is an opening suggestion. We form about 6 groups, to which any
person can only belong to say two. The 6 might be, VM, OOFS,
utilities, web, and whatever. Then within that group, voting takes
place on which direction is going to be taken to move forward. Then -
guess what - you implement what was voted for, whether your idea "won"
or not.

That's just a suggestion. I await better proposals.