The LispOS Project: a position paper, part 1

Scott L. Burson gyro@zeta-soft.com
Mon, 26 May 1997 01:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

   From: "Scott L. Burson" <gyro>
   Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 01:43:04 -0700 (PDT)

      From: Mike McDonald <mikemac@titian.engr.sgi.com>
      Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 01:02:11 -0700

      >So I think we just need to accept that it may take some time for a consensus
      >to emerge on goals and strategy.  It certainly doesn't bother me that this
      >can't be pinned down in a month.  And even once we select a strategy, there
      >will be many details to attend to.  Better to invest some thought up front
      >than to get to the middle and discover it's not going to work the way we
      >thought.

	I completely disagree with this point.

   Okay, fine.  Have at it then -- don't let me stop you :-)

Let me qualify this (both my original paragraph and my response to Mike).

I was actually preparing to propose a dual-track effort, where one track would
try to get something well-defined up and running relatively quickly, while the
other would have a longer time frame and a much looser mandate.

Still, geez, a few weeks isn't very long as things go.  I don't think even the
fast-track effort need start coding this week.  Maybe July is realistic.

-- Scott