The LispOS Project: a position paper, part 1

Chris Bitmead uid chris.bitmead@Alcatel.com.au
Tue, 27 May 1997 09:33:41 +1000

>I have seen Lispers bashing Java on Usenet.  This strikes me as very strange.
>To me, Java *is* Lisp in C clothing, with a few other goodies thrown in.  I
>celebrate it and hope it does great.  It sure beats the hell out of C++!

Java beats C++ sure, (what doesn't), and I'd dearly prefer it to
C++. I'd imagine it would actually enjoy programming in it. But Java
isn't Lisp in any shape or form as far as I can see. It's C++ with the
crud taken out, some good features also taken out, and some different
good features put in.