Mailing list problems?

Kelly Murray kem@Franz.COM
Fri, 30 May 1997 19:13:26 -0700

><jordan@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>:
> OK, what _are_ some utilities needed to support development?
> Source code control?  Make?  An editor (Hemlock?).

Here is one related to source code control that is good because
it doesn't have any GUI specifics, and something I most definitely
need.

 A utility that can compare two functions and report the differences
between them.  Not as text strings, but as lisp code.
So for example, the new function now has a new let binding, or
no longers calls function XX, and some constant string was changed,
etc.  Report on the semantic differences by returning
some data structure that might include a actual pointers into the
list structure that represent the changes.

(and if anyone knows if this exists already, please tell me where to
 find it! ;)

-kelly edward murray  kem@franz.com