Handicaped access to LispOS (was Re: Make LispM code FREE (fwd))

Martin B. Pomije mbpomije@inav.net
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:51:32 -0600

Rainer Joswig wrote:
(snip)

> The Lisp Listener mechanisms are central (command loops, menus, etc.).
> But I would want the UI of a new Lisp OS much more graphical.
> With graphical presentations in the Listener, too. Updating
> regions in the Listener. Place a clock in a Listener. It should keep
> updating. Same for process listings, etc. Actually
> you can change view settings of presented data afterwards
> in a Symbolics listener. For example you can change
> the sort criteria of a directory listing, after it
> has been printed to the listener.

I am very new to Lisp, so please be patient with me.

One thing that is important to me is computer access for handicapped
people.  Windows has caused a lot of problems in this area.  Does CLIM
have mechanisms that make it possible to have a GUI while allowing for a
blind person to also have access to information?
Semi-encrypted email address: m_b_p_o_m_i_j_e_ a_t_ i_n_a_v_ d_o_t_
n_e_t_
All non-solicited commercial email will be billed $1,000.