Make LispM code FREE (fwd)

Chris Bitmead chrisb@Ans.Com.Au
Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:05:50 +0000

>     Yeah, why create from scratch when there is a load of code out there
> waiting to be pulled in or learned from.....?

Well, I don't know if it is comparable, but have you ever
compared the source code to PDP-11 UNIX compared to, well say
Linux? The PDP-11 version makes interesting reading, but not a
single line of code is worth saving. In fact I'd say very little
of the design is probably worth saving either.

The MIT lisp code would surely be interesting, but I really doubt
it is going to be much more than a curiousity rather than the
base for a new LispOS.

--
Chris Bitmead
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb