LISPOS: My manifesto

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-2064a7dbffa9d7c2@DeepEddy.Com
Wed, 01 Apr 1998 14:29:42 -0600

--==_Exmh_-82614765P

Just thought I'd butt in since there wasn't enough mail from people named
"Chris".

> From:  Dave Mason <dmason@scs.Ryerson.CA>
> Date:  	Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:49:20 -0500
>
>  (select '(acctnum) :from users
> 	 :where `(and (> signupdate 19980101)
> 		      ,(lambda (rec)....)))
>
> Then select could symbolically evaluate simple comparisons and when it
> saw a function, apply that to the record too.
>
> I think it wouldn't be so clean in CL, but hopefully I'm wrong and CL
> now has some reasonable support for first-class functions (and
> quasi-quote and unquote).

Something like:

 (select '(acctnum) :from users
	 :where `(and (> signupdate 19980101)
		      ,#'(lambda (rec)....)))

(I think the '(,) syntax may have been in CL before it was in Scheme.)

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 Deep Eddy Internet Consulting
+1 512 432 4046                 609 Deep Eddy Avenue                    O-

My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination:
  If it starts with cwg-dated..., it is *only* valid for 2 weeks.
  If it starts with cwg-sender..., *only* the person the message was
    intended for can reply to it.

--==_Exmh_-82614765P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQB1AwUBNSKjtJaQnaaFII2dAQEnNgL7BVk8Ye/ZTDACwmooOsZm711LxdE18Zt3
eixrYpqdaljF90pIidnqaN4maMWxs+F8xdEQXTl0Lejny0vG21G5zxnuc8FDgrTS
6xNBtceJDK8+WCtaOV0z9dYCchQKKvsL
=9OLy
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-82614765P--