object stores

Kendall Clark kclark@superfly.ntlug.org
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:39:26 -0500

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 10:50:34AM -0400, Kragen wrote:
>Frontier, a scripting language for the Mac (and now for Win32), has
>popularized the idea of persistent object stores among some
>developers.  Casbah started as an attempt to duplicate Frontier's
>functionality on Linux with Perl, and will include the same feature.

And even more pertinent to this list, Casbah is going to use Guile
(basically, GNU's Scheme) to extend this object store. Once the language
translators are written for Guile, we'll be able to offer scripters their
choice: Scheme, CTAX, Perl, Python, TCL, even elisp.

It's a fun project.

If you have Scheme experience, or even if you don't, and are interested in
building a content management system, you may want to look at
http://www.ntlug.org/casbah/

Best,

	Kendall Clark

--
It is the business of the future to be dangerous.
				- Alfred North Whitehead